Friends for the Abbott Marshlands is happy to support a Nature Book Club. Join us for a series of informal discussions about some wonderful writing about the natural world.
We usually gather on the fourth Thursday of the month at 7PM. Meetings are held online via Zoom and links are sent to all members of our bookclub email list. If you would like to be added to the list, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Book Club Selections and Meeting Dates for 2021
- January 28th: Eager: The Surprising, Secret Life of Beavers and Why They Matter by Ben Goldfarb
- February 25th: Planetwalker: 22 Years of Walking. 17 Years of Silence by John Francis
- March 25th: Recent Rambles or in Touch With Nature by Charles Conrad Abbott
- April 29th: The Forest Lover by Susan Vreeland
- May 27th: Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge, and the Teachings of Plants by Robin Kimmerer
- June 24th: The Soul of an Octopus: A Surprising Exploration Into the Wonder of Consciousness by Sy Montgomery
- July 29th: Our National Parks by John Muir
Book Club Selections for 2020
- May 28th: Natures Best Hope by Doug Tallamy
- June 25th: Gathering Moss by Robin Kimmerer
We also have a group on goodreads: